Examples of my work
In 2015-16 I provided content for the following sections:
I produced and wrote articles and podcasts for Clic Sargent’s new hub of financial information for parents and young people who are going through treatment for cancer.
I continue to work with the team to monitor the content, write new fact sheets and update online or print articles to keep it up-to-date and in line with The Information Standard.
The sections were written for both audiences and the links below relate to parents – if you want to view the links for young people please visit the your finances pages.
- Coping with finances (includes PODCAST: Scott’s story)
- Understanding the benefits system
- Help with health costs
- Help with living costs
- One-off grants and payments
- Support with travel costs
- Childcare costs
- Benefits for students
- Refunds for students
- Saving money during treatment (includes PODCAST: Living on a reduced income)
- Boosting your income
- Communicating for less
- How to budget
- Borrowing money (includes PODCAST: Borrowing safely)
- Dealing with debt (includes PODCAST: Dealing with debt)
- Non-essential spending
- Travelling for less
Cassie Davis, Information Manager, CLIC Sargent:
“Julia developed our online information about money management for young people with cancer and their families. She worked very hard at sourcing references to meet our quality requirements under the Information Standard. The feedback we’ve had from social workers is that the information is very accessible and will really help families manage their money during cancer treatment – exactly what we wanted.”