I can adapt my writing style to suit a variety of audiences and I continue to write for a wide range of ages and content areas, including:
- Health, mental health and wellbeing
- Diet, fitness and nutrition
- Sex and relationships
- Life as a student/education
- Social care and local government
- Debt, benefits and tax
- Homelessness and housing
- Business, social media and marketing
Health and wellbeing content
I have always had a strong interest in writing and researching health-related content and have continued to do so in a freelance capacity.
- CLIC Sargent: writing and editing fact sheets for children and young people with cancer.
- Avert: writing and editing fact sheets on HIV/AIDS and sexual health.
- Royal College of Psychiatrists: editing learning modules around topics of mental health and wellbeing.
- Blue Latitude: editing content on adherence on behalf of a pharmaceutical company.
- Discover Magazines: features on a variety of health and wellbeing topics.
- Private client: articles on nutrition and healthy eating for children.
- In my role as senior journalist on TheSite.org I was in charge of updating and improving the health and wellbeing section. I was also the lead editorial journalist managing the launch of a brand new self-harm portal. This involved writing and researching case studies, fact sheets and multimedia podcasts and videos, offering a wealth of advice and information. Visit the self-harm section on TheSite.org.
- I was Health and Wellbeing Editor for Netdoctor (The National Magazine Company). I edited hundreds of surgery factsheets to make them suitable for a consumer audience. You can view these by visiting the guides to surgical procedures page on Netdoctor.
- I was in charge of the health and social care section at The Royal Borough of Greenwich.