I am a qualified journalist with a BA Hons Journalism from the University of Central Lancashire (NCTJ-credited). I have 14 years’ experience as a journalist, sub-editor and web editor for consumer, business, public sector and not-for-profit organisations and specialise in online and digital content.
Freelance content editor and journalist
I’ve been successfully working as a freelance content editor and journalist since July 2012 and have built up a range of clients spanning charities, publishers, corporate websites and PR agencies. I’m confident adapting my writing and editing skills to suit a wide range of media platforms, from audio and video, through to print and digital content.
In recent years my work has included writing reports and campaign content for charities, case studies, whitepapers and thought-leadership pieces. At the same time, I continue to write lifestyle articles and features that offer advice and information on a range of topics, from relationships to health and wellbeing.
Editorial training workshops
2015 saw me expand my editorial repertoire to provide training workshops to organisations looking to improve the way they communicate in an increasingly digital world. This involved developing fully interactive workshops to assess what is already being done and how it could be done better, working closely with team members to improve tone, consistency and quality of writing, and offering a supportive role as content evolves.
- Strong experience and knowledge of online media and social media strategies.
- Trained in moderating discussion boards, media law and copyright.
- Consultancy experience with business start-ups looking for editorial support.
- Experience editing and writing for web, radio, TV, and mobile applications.
- Producer of audio and video content – through experience gained from my early days as a broadcast journalist.
- Understanding SEO (Associated Newspapers course).
- Advanced subbing course (Media Training).
- Web accessibility training (Web Credible).
- Web usability training (Web Credible).
- Young Journalist of the Year, Greater London 1996.
I live in Surrey with my husband and two little girls who are my proudest achievement to date!